Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Real Weddings: Alykhan & Salima

I have a mini obsession with traditional indian weddings - I love them. They're bright and colourful, filled with rituals and traditions, there is always an abundance of people (many unknown to the bride and groom) and the best part is that they last for several days.  They begin with the pre-wedding ceremony (ok, so it's like the western equivalent of a rehearsal dinner... but they just seem so much more fun and it's also where the women get to apply the mehndi, or henna, to their hands and feet), then the actual wedding day with traditions of the Baraat, the Varmala and the Satphere, and usually end with the Vidaai. 

For those who know me, colour isn't something I have much of. I mean, in terms of fashion NOT personality. But when it comes to cakes... I can't get enough.

Congratulations to Alykhan & Salima on the celebration of their wedding. I'm so happy that I was able to contribute to your special day.



A special thank you to Kristina for helping me make this cake come to life.

2 comments:

sonia Giampietro said...

this is amazing....your talents never seek to amaze me. are those people made out of fondant :)

SweetThingsTO said...

wow - the detail is truly amazing!