Friday, June 24, 2011

J'Adore Macaron

My parents recently got back from a vacation in Paris. Before they left, my mom asked me what I wanted back from Paris... Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Christian Louboutin (okay, maybe she didn't really say that... it was more like, don't kill my plants while we're gone), but I did make a request for the infamous Parisian Macaron from Maison Laduree.

Well, for a non-obssesed macaron patron, it would be easy to forget the name Laduree (as my mom did).  So, it was natural that she felt like she hit the jackpot while strolling down Champs-Elysees and finding a macaron boutique. By day five and many dozens of macarons later, she realized the popularity of these tiny confections and also became obsessed with the hunt of getting me macarons from every boutique she passed.

Here are a few shots of macarons and guimauves, straight from the streets of Paris: 













No comments: